Bobi Wine, whose real name is Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu, is a Ugandan singer, actor, and politician who first entered politics in 2017 as a Member of Parliament for Kyadondo County East constituency and is now the leader of the National Unity Platform political party, which was founded in December 2004.
Bobi Wine’s revolution is not only being televised, it’s becoming a fashion statement and a badge of defiance. His People Power campaign is to ensure that citizens are in charge of their destiny and can use their stake in the country to end abuse, corruption, bad governance, and restore rule of law.
Below are some surprising quotes from Bobi Wine suggesting that he might just be the major factor that stirs the world’s interest in Uganda’s political system.
Bobi Wine‘s Quotes That You’ll Never Forget
1. “Politics is too serious a business to be left to only politicians.”
2. “When leaders become misleaders and mentors become tormentors, when freedom of expression becomes a target of suppression, opposition becomes our position.”
3. “I’m not fighting you but I’m fighting for you.”
4. “They’re trying to use our past against us but they don’t know it’s our past that made us who we are today”
5. “Freedom comes to those who fight not to those who cry because the more you cry is the more your people continue to die. So rise and defend your rights”
6. “We are all in danger until none of us is in danger”
7. “People power is stronger than the people in power”
8. “While you’re fighting for the oppressed, the dictator uses some of the oppressed people to oppress you”
9. “True freedom is when you overcome the love of money and fear of death. If you don’t love money, nobody can buy you off and if you don’t fear death, nobody can scare you off”
10. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others”
11. “Some people in the opposition are only concerned about their positions and they will fight any composition that threatens their positions”
12. “Provided that we are united, with or without me peaceful change is inevitable in our country Uganda”
13. “It’s not that I don’t fear. I’m a natural human being but I know there is something more powerful than fear and that is the future and destiny of our country.”
14. “The wind of change is blowing, it’s only those that have decided to cover their ears and eyes that don’t see. Those of us who were babies and now parents are demanding the right to shape the future for ourselves and children”
15. “If parliament can not come to the ghetto, then the ghetto will come to parliament”
. “Abakulembeze okulwa mu ntebe, kye ki leetela uganda okufuka eddebe. Buli ayogela kko ng’olwo afuse mulabe”
Hottest stories right night!!